Hi, everyone! Just in case you didn't notice, we had a Presbytery Meeting last Friday and Saturday in Ft. Defiance.
If you didn't get there, you missed some excellent Navajo Tacos on Friday evening. Not to mention the home-baked breakfast cakes, muffins and pastries on Saturday morning. 
If you didn't get there, you probably didn't put on 5 lbs. over the weekend!
When we weren't eating, we actually did manage to conduct some business, but not all of our business. Whether it was Phil Gates' chilling report on his "accompaning" in Columbia
or Roger Davis' sharing of life on the Big Res,
Ken Moe's report on Presbyterian discord or Rick Ufford-Chase's accounts of the crisis on the U.S.-Mexican border (yes, the Moderator of General Assembly was there with us),
before Saturday noon had come and gone, and we were all worrying if the lodgings in Window Rock could accomodate us for another night. But too many of us needed to preach somewhere else on Sunday morning, so several committee reports were postponed until our November meeting, and we scattered again to all corners of Arizona.Marion VanWinkle, of Interfaith Hospitality Network of Phoenix,
I hope you enjoy the pictures. MDH (My Dear Husband) is horrified with the quality of my digital photos and is threatening to buy a new camera for me. I feel that I've barely learned to operate this one, and if he forces me to become any more high tech, I won't be able to function in the real world.

No comments:
Post a Comment